The Very Clumsy Click Beetle is a great book that I just feel is perfect for a redo! Why not change this classic character into a LOVE BUG. Eric Carle does a nice job teaching life lessons to kids in a way that they truly enjoy. This book teaches perseverance which I don’t know about your kiddos but mine need to hear over and over. I love how he has a good attitude and keeps trying over and over until he finally gets it. I also love at the beginning of the book, the wise old beetle tells him that he will help him in the morning and he might as well get some sleep now. Another great lessons for kiddos. Sometimes problems don’t need to get fixed right away. Sometimes we need to get a good night sleep before we can deal with those problems. Perseverance and patience are important lessons for our kids to learn so might as while have some fun learning them why reading The Very Clumsy Click Beetle. But now, It’s craft time!
If you want to see more Valentine books, make sure to check back soon! So let’s turn this classic into a Valentine Love BUG!!!! The original CLICK BEETLE craft if you like to check it out!
This page does contain affiliate links. I only recommend items that I have personally vetted.
I use these products, and if you buy them I’ll probably earn a small amount of money.
- Cut Heart out of read paper.
2. Glue one Wiggly eyes.
3. Use hole punch to make 6 wholes for legs.
4. Cut pipe cleaners in half then twist to attach.
5. Decorate with markers and Stickers.
6. Glue heart to clothes pins. The first time I did this craft I used plastic and they did not stick very well. Wooden clothes pins work much better!!
7. Enjoy your new Love Bug. Press down on them and watch them flip.