Very Busy Spider is a great story that teaches how focus and hard work will be rewarded. This book is an excellent choice to teach science. You can focus in on the different animals in the book or the steps to build a web. The amazing illustrations show the process a spider goes through to make an orb web. My kids love the texture and shininess of the silk in the illustrations. You can dive deeper into a science lesson comparing insects and spiders. Check out all the fun we can have learning about Spiders!!
Other Spider Books To Check out!
This page does contain affiliate links. I only recommend tools I have personally vetted. I use these products, and if you buy them I’ll probably earn a small amount of money.
Plastic needle for weaving (optional)
- Cut 4 strips of paper for the legs.
2. Glue Legs together.
3. Glue large pom poms to legs.
4. Glue small pom pom to large pom pom. Add wiggly eyes.
5. Cut hole is middle of paper plate.
6. Punch holes around the plate.
7. Start weaving to create a web. We liked using these plastic needles for threading. You may not need anything but you can also put a little masking tape on the end of your thread if your child is having a hard time with weaving.
8. Tie the ends of the string to your web.
9. Glue spider onto the web.