🎃👻 Halloween is just around the corner, and there’s no better way to get into the spooky spirit than by crafting creepy creatures with your kids! If you’re looking for a fun and creative activity to enjoy together, then break out the Model Magic and prepare for a ghoulishly good time. In this blog post, we’ll share some exciting ideas and step-by-step instructions to help your little monsters create their very own Halloween masterpieces. Let’s get started!
Materials You’ll Need: Before diving into the spooky craftiness, make sure you have these essentials on hand:
- Model Magic in various colors
- Craft tools (scissors, rolling pins, etc.)
- Googly eyes
- Pipe cleaners
- Craft glue
- Paints and brushes (optional)
Step 1: Brainstorm Creepy Creatures: Sit down with your kids and let their imaginations run wild! Encourage them to brainstorm ideas for spooky creatures like ghosts, pumpkins, witches, black cats, and more. Discuss colors and shapes, and create a rough sketch if they want to plan their designs.
Step 2: Mold and Shape: Time to bring those creepy creatures to life! Model Magic is easy to manipulate and air-dries to a lightweight, flexible finish. Help your little ones mold and shape their chosen creatures using their hands or craft tools. Don’t forget to add details like facial features, fangs, or claws.
Step 3: Add Googly Eyes: For an extra touch of spookiness, glue on googly eyes to give your creatures a playful, animated look. The wackier, the better!
Step 4: Get Creative: Encourage your kids to unleash their creativity by experimenting with different colors, textures, and shapes. Model Magic can be easily blended together to create unique marbled effects. Let them have fun and explore!
Step 5: Let It Dry: Once the creepy creatures are complete, allow them to air-dry overnight. Model Magic dries quickly and retains its shape, so your kids can proudly display their creations around the house.
Step 6: Decorate and Display: If your little artists want to take their craft to the next level, provide paints and brushes for adding fine details or creating a custom color palette. Once everything is dry, display their eerie masterpieces proudly for all to see.
Crafting spooky creatures with Model Magic is not only a fantastic way to have Halloween fun with your kids but also an opportunity for them to express their creativity and imagination. So, gather your materials, let the little monsters loose with their ideas, and create a Halloween to remember. 🎨👻🦇🧙♀️🎃
This page does contain affiliate links. I only recommend tools I have personally vetted. I use these products, and if you buy them I’ll probably earn a small amount of money.
Build a Haunted House
Black Card Stock
Cardboard for base
Craft Tubes (optional)
Battery Tea Lights (optional)
- You can do this with by painting TP tubes black but I just used card stock rolled into tubes. If you want to use card stock, cut 5 – 7 tubes for your castle. I cut seven 4.5″ x6″ rectangle, roll, then Glue into cylinders. Then I used one paper towel cardboard tube and covered it with black paper. The number of tubes depends on what size house you want to make. If you wan a small one you can do this with 3 or make it as huge as you like with more.
2. Then you can cut windows into some of your tubes. (I did 5 out of my 8 tubes) Then decorate with BIC wite-out pen or white paint pens. You can outline windows, add doors, vines, bricks, and spiders.
3. On a few that you would like to add Flameless Battery Tea lights to the window cut a door on the back so you can easily insert lights. I did two on the both levels but feel free to do as many as you like.
4. Hot glue how many tubes you’s like for the bottom layer. I I used 5. These tubes need to be the same height so your next layer will be sturdy. (I’ll show you how to do the spider web at the end.)
5. Cut a base out of card board for the second level. Cover with black paper or paint black. Then hot glue your next layer of tubes. I used two short ones and the paper towel tube in the middle.
6. Use your hot glue gun to connect the two levers. If you would like to add a spider web for a ghost or spider web. You can “Draw” with your hot glue gun onto a plastic storage lid. When is mostly dry it will peel off easily.
7. You can add a roof by cutting out a circle then cutting the radius. Simply rotate into a cone.